Which ISP to use in Citra Gran Bekasi Area

Discussion in 'IT, Technology and Telecommunication' started by Dave, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Dave

Dave New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys and gals,

well the mrs and I are moving to Citra Gran in Bekasi and will need a good ISP to use, I am a heavy net user and also a gamer, mainly racing sims and I do compete in online championships the ping whilst important shouldn't matter if the connection is stable hopefully lol.

The house we're moving into has had MyRepublic there before however our real estate agent(who lives in the same cluster) has them also and is switching due to issues with the TV and apparently the internet not being so crash hot either.

I'm after at least a 100mbps connection and any suggestions are appreciated :)

Cheers Dave

2. El_Goretto

El_Goretto
    Moderator Cager

Ratings:
    +181
    I have 100Mbps with MyRepublic and it's going very well, but I'm not in Citra Gran Bekasi, I'm closer to their head office. I'm a gamer too and have no issue.

One thing that made it better was to request and pay for a fixed IP address (Rp 25,000 extra per month).

They also have a gamer package which I don't use (150Mbps) which I think includes the fixed IP.

3. Ruserious

Ruserious Member

Ratings:
    +34
    I also use myrepublik and the connection has been more reliable than first media and only down about three times in 6 months (worst one was 2 days and probably flood related), but the flip side to this is that the customer service is useless. They have a 24hr priority call center who can only tell you that they will get in touch with the technical group and get back to you. They cant even tell you if its your home issue or the area. In that regard first media were much better.

4. Dave

Dave New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I was thinking that the time that the real estate was complaining about was around the flooding time but since not directly affected probably didn't think about the bigger picture.

Say I go with myrep and wasn't happy I can cancel the service fairly easy enough, or is that another welcome to indonesia nightmare?

5. Ruserious

Ruserious Member

Ratings:
    +34
    I tempted fate by posting as now my connection is down and I'm back to using a cellular connection...

I believe that myrpublik have a 1mill +/- penalty if less than a year