The ongoing Trump saga

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Davita, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Davita

Davita Well-Known Member Charter Member

Ratings:
    +447
    Just after the indictment of 13 Russians and 3 Russian Companies comes this news today.....

"A former top campaign aide to President Trump is expected to plead guilty to fraud charges and testify against Paul Manafort, the ex-campaign chairman, according to a report.

Rick Gates will take a plea deal “within the next few days,” a person with knowledge of the development told the Los Angeles Times.

Mueller indicted Gates and Manafort on money laundering charges in October as part of his probe into possible collusion between Russia and Trump’s campaign during the 2016 election. They both pleaded not guilty.

Gates' change of heart comes after weeks of negotiations between his defense lawyer and two of special counsel Robert Mueller’s prosecutors, according to the Times."

One by one they will squeal!

2. scouser59

scouser59 Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +79
    Herr trumpvs squeal will be the loudest ! when they finally find the truth of the "slimeballs" un american activities while dancing with putin . I hope .

3. Puspawarna

Puspawarna
    Moderator Cager

Ratings:
    +259
    It's painful living through this. I think there is a significant probability (though it is far from certain) that five years from now we will look back on the history of the Trump presidency and eventual scandal/impeachment and say, "well, it was obvious from the start that this outcome was inevitable. It was only a matter of time until the Trump campaign's collusion with the Russians was proved."

But it doesn't feel inevitable now. And it may take forever for anything definitive to occur. Kenneth Starr spent 7 years gathering evidence on Clinton, I believe (of course maybe Mueller's job is easier because there is more stuff to be found).

4. Davita

Ratings:
    +447
    Frankly...I'm not so inclined to think they may have Trump actually involved in collusion, because of plausible denial, but some of his family may take the heat. I'd rather they find some criminal activity between Trump, his company and money-laundering. This could lead to impeachment and, after removal from office, a court case to find him guilty of a crime punishable by a prison sentence and extreme fines.
    Nixon resigned to save the country and his ass, and was given amnesty...I hope that Trump doesn't get the same amnesty.
    Gates is squealing on what he knows about Manafort's dealings with Russians...I just heard he accepted 18 months jail time to turn over evidence. I would think Manafort's lawyers are pleading the same ...and on and on up the ladder.

edit: It's reported that Donald Jr. was with dad in Florida then went directly to India to huckster for some apartments being sold under the Trump brand in Delhi. Surely some question of conflict should be asked..i.e. is Trump still pulling Company strings while being Potus.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  5. waarmstrong

waarmstrong Well-Known Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +167
    Manafort just got slimed; now it's his turn to pass the trash on up the food chain. I am wondering if, after Manafort, Jared is next and if he will throw his father-in-law under the bus.

I agree with Puspa; it is an agonizingly slow process, but necessarily so, I think. Mueller is the consummate, deliberate professional. What is clear to me is that he is in charge of the schedule and is using that control as one of the moving parts in the machine producing ironclad indictments.

6. Davita

Ratings:
    +447
    I agree that Mueller is playing this like a seasoned violinist.....his timing is as precise as an Olympic stopwatch...his presentations mirror veteran actors and his punch-line will mimic the funniest comedians......but I hope his 'coup de grace' will NOT be merciful nor humane.

7. Jamu

Jamu Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +56
    One analyst has pointed out that Trump is way out of his league with Mueller, playing checkers to Mueller's three dimensional chess. I predict a bad outcome for Trump and then a major constitutional crisis as Congress fails to act on obvious crimes and Trump pardons himself and all the others who were involved.

8. Asun

Asun Member

Ratings:
    +15
  9. kratos

kratos Member Cager

Ratings:
    +27
    Can indonesians apply for it ? I mean the bet .....

Trump case is quite, interesting.
    Despite his vivid vulgar attitude, seems like the opposition couldnt quite get a niche to let impeachment process roll in. You guys afraid of Pence or what ?

10. Davita

Ratings:
    +447
    The GOP have a majority of 46 in the House of Representatives....so it's unlikely the majority will vote to impeach a Republican President unless he commits a really 'high crime or misdemeanor.'
    The Democrats are aware of that and biding time to see how that majority may swing in November's mid-term elections.... where the whole House gets re-voted.

https://classroom.synonym.com/how-to-impeach-a-president-12077957.html

11. kratos

kratos Member Cager

Ratings:
    +27
    I believe even republicans are now divided among themselves.
    Obvious example, the great wall of mexico...

Other than that, the world is quite peaceful with The US busy among themselves....

12. waarmstrong

Ratings:
    +167
    Mueller has just announced perjury charges against a lawyer involved with Rick Gates. The lawyer is expected to take a plea & also cooperate with the Special Counsel. Seems to me, to be another signal, especially to Trump's legal team, that no one found to have lied to the Special Counsel investigators is immune from prosecution.

13. Jamu

Jamu Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +56
    True. Here is a quote from a story on the issue: "A legal document filed in Washington D.C. federal court on Feb. 20 says that Van der Zwaan destroyed and failed to provide emails that U.S. investigators had sought. The document also says that the attorney lied to prosecutors about his last contact with Richard Gates." If I were Kushner or Don John Jr. I would be having a major case of loose bowels after learning this.

14. Davita

Ratings:
    +447
    It is reported he now says he's guilty...and so the plot thickens.....
    "Van Der Zwaan on Tuesday admitted to deleting - or otherwise not producing - emails sought by the office of Special Counsel Robert Mueller, who is investigating possible ties between President Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign and Russia.
    Van Der Zwaan, who is the son-in-law of Russian oligarch German Khan, was charged on February 16 in federal court in Washington related to a report he helped prepare on the trial of a Ukrainian politician, Yulia Tymoshenko.
    "

15. waarmstrong

Ratings:
    +167
    The path to Trump's campaign connection to the Kremlin may run through the Ukraine, which could make the cooperation of Van Der Zwaan more central that it appears at present.

16. vocalneal

vocalneal Active Member Cager

Ratings:
    +273
    If teachers are going to be armed, will librarians have to use silencers?

17. kratos

kratos Member Cager

Ratings:
    +27
    Silencer and tear gas...
    any weapons with that hissing sounds

18. Davita

Ratings:
    +447
    The news that Delta airlines, and many other Companies, have now decided to dump the NRA from their discount benefits has caused a flurry.
    The Republican Lt.Governor of Georgia (Atlanta is Delta's main HQ) has said he will remove all of Delta's tax benefits unless they revert to their previous arrangement with the NRA.
    This stinks of Gov't dictating to private companies how to conduct their business...or else!.
    Many other States are opening their arms for Delta to move their HQ which employs some 30,000 Georgians. Amazon was contemplating opening its 2nd HQ in a Georgian depot and employing 50,000....maybe they will have second thoughts.

This must be what Trump was calling...'Make America great again.'"

19. Davita

Ratings:
    +447
    Hope Hicks gave her testimony to the committee and today has resigned from her WH duties.
    Another one deserting a sinking ship.....Chief of Staff John Kelly next?

I liked someone's comment 'The Trump Administration is Hope-less.'

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  20. waarmstrong

Ratings:
    +167
    Her Congressional testimony may have been a wakeup call for Miss Hicks. Perhaps it finally dawned on her that she was part of an ongoing criminal conspiracy and prosecutable.