Newbie in Pamulang, Tangerang Seletan...

Discussion in 'Newbie Corner' started by Pilgrimrunner, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Pilgrimrunner

Pilgrimrunner New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi all,

I am not new to Indonesia but I am new to living here on a perm basis and have been here for 4 months now.

I am certainly a 1 of a kind (bule) where I live and have only seen 1 other bule in the local area, although that is not a problem for me.

If there is anyone in the local area including BSD area who is into running, cross training or swimming etc and would like the occasional session together please let me know.

All the best,

Wayne

2. waarmstrong

waarmstrong Well-Known Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +258
    Welcome, Pilgrim. We are currently in the US, but have family in Pamulang, none of whom, unfortunately, are into physical exertion for its own sake. Good luck hooking up with others of similar interests.

Are you working or enjoying your leisure in Indonesia?

3. El_Goretto

El_Goretto
    Moderator Cager

Ratings:
    +239
    Welcome to the forum Wayne!

4. Felicity

Felicity Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Welcome to Tangerang Selatan area. I live in Bintaro, quite far from Pamulang but not really either. It would be fun to do exercise in a group, I'd definitely join you.

5. Pilgrimrunner

Pilgrimrunner New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    HI Felicity, Bintang isn't too far away depending on macet. Do you know of anyone else who may wish to run/job and also any decent running routes or places? How long have you been in Bintang?

6. Pilgrimrunner

Pilgrimrunner New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks El Goretto, it has taken me a while to move across from the other site but am glad to be on here now : )

7. Pilgrimrunner

Pilgrimrunner New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Waarmstrong, no worries that your family are not into physical exertions of any sort as long as they are happy. Yes I am working here now and living here with my family wife and two little ones. What family do you have living here in Pamulang? It's not your normal location for expats to live : )

8. waarmstrong

waarmstrong Well-Known Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +258
    My wife's eldest full sister and various nieces, nephews and their children cluster in Pamulang. As you perceived, they are all card carrying Indonesians. Most of the remaining immediate family is in Kramat Jati (mom & brother), Dukuh (sister), Cijantung (sister), Pasar Rebo (nephew), Kalisari (sister) -- all in southeast Jakarta.

9. Pilgrimrunner

Pilgrimrunner New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    OK : )
    My in-laws live in Pamulang 2, less than a mile away and that's the main reason we live where we do, so the kids get to see their grand parents, aunty, uncle and nephew.
    all the best...

10. srilestari

srilestari New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Welcome to Tangsel (Tangerang Selatan). I live in Ciputat, quite near from Pamulang. I hope you and your family enjoy living there :)

11. Fred

Fred Member

Ratings:
    +60
    Pamulang isn't far from me but I rarely go as the town isn't my cup of tea, too crowded, noisy and the microbus drivers are especially bad drivers in that town.

12. Pilgrimrunner

Pilgrimrunner New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks srilestari, much appreciated. I ride through Ciputat on the way to/from work, it's a crazy place!!

13. Pilgrimrunner

Pilgrimrunner New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Fred, There isn't a great deal of choice for eats/drinks in Pamulang so we usually had over to BSD. Agree about the microbuses, the driver must pass a very special driving course to qualify to drive like they do. Pamulang can be bad but Ciputat is mental with them :rant: