MobileIndo - A mobile phone shop catering for expats

Discussion in 'Goods and Services' started by Tinoz, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Tinoz

Tinoz New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi everyone,

My husband, an expat, has just opened a mobile phone shop - MobileIndo, in Poins Square Mall, South Jakarta. Our shop is an authorized reseller of a variety of phone brands (at present: Samsung, iPhone, LG, Asus, Nokia, Vivo). We are trying to do both online and offline and we always run special deals each month. We speak English, Korean and Japanese, to cater for the expat community J

For English and Indonesian, please don’t hesitate to contact myself, Tintin:
    Mob. Ph and WhatsApp: 0813-1943-1739
    Kakaotalk ID: Tin2x

For Korean and Japanese, please don’t hesitate to contact my husband, Jeff:
    Mob. Ph and WhatsApp: 0813-1943-1740
    Kakaotalk ID and Line ID: manwoo72

In September, we have the following deals on offer:

Samsung Galaxy S9 – Coral Blue
    Was Rp 11,499,000 - AFTER DISCOUNT Rp 11,199,000

Samsung Galaxy A6 – Black
    Was Rp 3.799.000 - AFTER DISCOUNT Rp 2.999.000

Samsung Galaxy J8 – Black
    Was Rp 3.799.000 - AFTER DISCOUNT Rp 3.499.000

Samsung Galaxy J4 – Purple
    Was Rp 2.299.000 - AFTER DISCOUNT Rp 2.199.000

Samsung Galaxy J2 prime – Black, Gold
    Was Rp 1.599.000 - AFTER DISCOUNT Rp 1.499.000

**All are new and the warranty is from SEIN (Samsung Electronics Indonesia)

FREE 1 Powerbank 10,000 mAh with every purchase of the above mobile phones

- We are in the process of getting an EDC machine for debit and credit card transactions at our store. The bank (BCA) informed us that it would take 14 working days the earliest (we are crossing our fingers hoping that it will not take longer than a month). We are expecting to have it running by October 15th the latest.

- For now, payments can be done by cash or bank transfer. You are welcome to come to our store to check the condition of the phone you wish to purchase (all sealed and unopened), if you are satisfied, you can pay for the purchase on the spot and take the phone home :)

- All the phones on the list can also be delivered via JNE if preferred and insurance is recommended for this.

- If you wish to purchase a phone that is not in stock, we can order it for you, so no worries.

We look forward to receiving enquiries and seeing you at our store :)

EDIT 29/10/2018:

We are happy to announce that the credit card machine (EDC machine) has been installed and now it's up and running, YAY!

Our shop is Mobile Indo, it is in Poins Square Mall, 1st Floor no.60, JL. R.A. Kartini no.1, Lebak Bulus, South Jakarta.

We are a new player amongst all the existing shops, however, we are the first and the only one that can speak English, Korean and Japanese :)

If we don't have the specific phone that you are after, we can order it ifor you, no problem.

You can have a look at our Facebook page: Mobile Phones in Indonesia
    And instagram: mobile_in_indo

For enquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us
    English and Indonesian: 0822-1351-1381 (Whats App is available)
    Korean and Japanese: 0813-1943-1740

We look forward to receiving your enquiries and seeing you at our store :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2018
  2. waarmstrong

waarmstrong Well-Known Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +276
    Would you take a stab at servicing a Blackberry? My Passport is working at the moment, but who knows what tomorrow may bring?

3. Tinoz

Tinoz New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, unfortunately we don't provide that service. Where do you live? If you live in South Jakarta, you can come to Poins Square Mall - Ground Floor, or ITC Fatmawati. If you live in or not far from West Jakarta, you can try ITC Roxy Mas.

You should at least be able to speak some Indonesian.

I know how it feels living in a foreign country that doesn't really speak your language and having a phone that needs fixing.

4. waarmstrong

waarmstrong Well-Known Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +276
    Thanks for the heads-up on Poins Square Mall as a place with a shop for service of BB phones. We are in Jaktim, but not all that far from Poins. My wife handles conversations in bahasa Indonesia.

5. vocalneal

vocalneal Active Member Cager

Ratings:
    +322
    Sorry for the cynicism, but when i read "catering to expats" I think "more expensive". Maybe the wording needs to be changed to multilingual or the like

6. William King

William King Well-Known Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +264
    I understand where they are coming from, initially I thought that they may not have enough business but I was thinking of western expats, once you include Korean and Japanese that makes sense.

All the best.

7. Tinoz

Tinoz New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you for the suggestion :) Will review what I have written.

8. Tinoz

Tinoz New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you :) Come by our store if you are in the area.

9. William King

William King Well-Known Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +264
    I know POIN Square well as I used to live in Bintaro. However, I am now in Europe so will have to wait until I return for a holiday.

10. Fred

Fred Member

Ratings:
    +81
    I used to live in Bintaro as well, just not in a posh a part, but I've moved as well.
    I also have a new job but I can't wear short and a singlet any more, even on my way to work.

To the OP, I want a new tablet (Probably loaded with Chrome) but with all the translate features you get with the windows version of that browser. The Samsung tabs I've looked at don't really do the job quite as well.
    A HDMI out would be a massive bonus.

What ya got?

PS - I'm in Jakarta tomorrow so, if you have something, I'll pop in (Time permitting).

11. Tinoz

Tinoz New Member

Ratings:
    +1

My APOLOGIES, only saw your message now. For some strange reason there was no notification informing me of this message. And now it's almost been a month! I am really sorry :-(

When are you in Indonesia next? Pop in if you have time, you don't need to buy anything from us, just come and visit :) We have coffee and tea (it's like a small cafe in here). Did you find the tablet you were after?

12. Fred

Fred Member

Ratings:
    +81
    I'm always in Indonesia - love the place so much I became Indonesian.
    I had a good look around but not a sausage so far but Indocomtech is in a couple of weeks and I have a meeting in Jakarta that Friday.

13. Tinoz

Tinoz New Member

Ratings:
    +1

Great, maybe you can pop in then into our shop if not too busy :)

14. Fred

Fred Member

Ratings:
    +81
    Friday will see me in the office all morning, at a couple of potential suppliers in the afternoon, most of Saturday in a conference, then a meeting on Saturday evening. I'll probably kip in a hotel Sat evening and go home Sunday.
    That won't leave me a lot of spare time.

I've identified the tablet (Samsung 4) but I also want a smartwatch and another projector, something portable with wireless input.

Sick to the back teeth of rubbish windows so changing my kit to be free of it.