Looking for work- not a "job"

Discussion in 'Job Seeker Profiles' started by Bad_azz, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Bad_azz

Bad_azz Well-Known Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +258
    I am interested in interesting work- preferably from home or in beautiful Bandung OR in Jakarta if the money is ludicrous sums.
    I am not under 30, nor cantik and to be honest, not that interested in working for/with people who think these things are essentials. Read no further if that is you. :)

My sense of humour is still alive and kicking as is my patience, my bum-cheeks are less alive as they have spent way too many hours on a moped in traffic jams, I have a fairly quick brain, reasonable Bhs Indonesian skills, reasonable internetty typingy thingy skills.
    I have a BA & have a file full of certificates and qualifications & am intelligent, versatile & flexible and confident in public speaking. I cook, bake, brew, garden & love to keep my mind busy. My work experience ranges from social care to writing/tutoring/teaching/orienting new people/pet care/running my own businesses and so on (too much to list - PM me).

Originally from the UK, I have been in Indonesia long enough to understand that I can't yet & never will understand the place but it is fun trying.
    I have an ITAP visa which permits me to work here with little bureaucracy involved. Over my time here I have gathered a wide & diverse network of contacts in and around Indonesia.
    The negative nelly parts: I like people I work with to be reasonably professional- I am not a fan of jam karet & last minute cancellations (unless for good reason) however, I am working on that side of my patience levels.

So if you have need of someone with my attributes, wit & charm; PM me for more info.
    Cheers.
    B_a

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  2. Scooterindo

Scooterindo Active Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +50
    Do like they do in London and stick some cards in the phone boxes :pound: Dominatrix seeks slaves for discreet afternoon encounters

3. Bad_azz

Ratings:
    +258
    Hahaha, I could do that!- Where are the phone boxes?
    I don't want to be involved in the sex industry really... I don't want work that involves lots of laundry, I need a new washing machine.
    Could consider peddling the hubby out though... hmmm.

4. Joko

Joko Active Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +40
    Could I hire you to find me a job? I've got a TEFL cert and a CELTA and 4 years experience as an English teacher.

5. Bad_azz

Ratings:
    +258
    If you mean a teaching job in Indonesia that comes with all the perks and bells & whistles and a visa I could help, IF you met all the qualification criteria (which it seems from your post you don't).
    You can hire me to look though- payment regardless of outcome ;)

6. rugby

rugby Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +20
    Hi Bad_azz - what would be the best work that you would want to throw yourself into? I'm not c*&k blocking the multi-year banter with Scooterindo here. Just wanting to hear professionally what you would want from your next (ad)venture.

7. Bad_azz

Ratings:
    +258
    I have an open mind, I would hate to state anything in particular really as I don't want to limit things to labels.
    I really enjoy learning new things & Indonesia has thrown lots of curve balls my way- I have had opportunities to do so many things that I would never have imagined doing.
    Radio jingles, helping out in a prison, editing, writing, mountain boot-camps with kids etc.
    It is easier to say what I doubt I would enjoy- that is easy a 9-5 office job would kill me.

8. Zavia

Zavia Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +10
    Sounds like you should enter social services programs or something.... like teaching kids in villages.
    im sure theres many...

9. Bad_azz

Ratings:
    +258
    & is the pay good?

10. Zavia

Zavia Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +10
    Oh, good pay no. some pay yes.
    i dont have the contacts for such things here in indo tho... :S

11. Bad_azz

Ratings:
    +258
    I have decided to get back to my roots (pun intended) - I qualified as a hairdresser & have worked at it for years.

Being a hairdresser is like being a plumber or a doctor- a trade you never leave behind as there is always someone wanting a cut/colour etc.

So you Western ladies (& gents) if you want a private hairdresser to come to your home and sort out your cuts and colours PM me.
    Get your friends round and have a hairdressing party- 4 or more & the host gets a free cut/styling.

Usual common sense rules apply though; do not expect me to turn up and colour your hair on day one- allergy tests etc.

12. Scooterindo

Scooterindo Active Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +50
    Could you come to Bali and polish my head ??

13. Bad_azz

Ratings:
    +258
    Anytime Scoot- as long as this is regular forum conversation and not Cage stuff - and there is a fee.

** & for propriety's sake: other readers, Scoot is as bald as a coot cos he wore all his hair off on headboards during his mis-spent youth.

& he is not propositioning me in any sexual way cos his missus would chop body parts off if he did :D

14. Banana72

Banana72 Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +17
    But some might be looking for over 30...usually older equals experienced..

15. Bad_azz

Ratings:
    +258
    Hahaha, just been reading back through this & it is funny what has gone on in the past year.
    We have been kept busy with dog walking & animal care, some hairdressing & I had a fun job with travel as part of it for a non-Indonesian company (the 6 month contract has come to an end now).
    I have done some voice over work & been approached about being in a film.
    I am multi-talented, sharp witted (at times) with a terrible sense of humour ;)
    As my schedule isn't packed just now I'm open to considering most offers; especially TV/Film/Broadcasting.