kitas to kitap

Discussion in 'Visas, Permits and Immigration' started by klaatu, Apr 16, 2018.

1. klaatu

klaatu Member

Ratings:
    +3
    hi,been a while since I was here,so I would like to ask,has anyone had any success in converting family sponsored ITAS to ITAP at a bali imigration office when their spouse has a Jawa KTP?...It is to hard for us to close up shop in Bali and go to Jember imigrasi..tnxs

2. scouser59

scouser59 Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +91
    As far as im aware your wife must have a bali ktp , even though its tough to get , because of local rules .

3. klaatu

klaatu Member

Ratings:
    +3
    without buying house,I would like to know how she can change her ktp in south denpasar. Anything is better than going to Jember again

4. scouser59

scouser59 Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +91
    Ya I sympathize for your situation , you know bali with its sometimes crazy rules , what I would suggest ,if you find a good agent in your area , that is a way to find a solution ,ya it will cost

5. john madden

john madden
    Moderator Cager

Ratings:
    +38
    If the trip to Jember doesn't drive you crazy then the service there will!

6. klaatu

klaatu Member

Ratings:
    +3
    agents have the same problem

7. Pak Tani

Pak Tani Member

Ratings:
    +21
    I'm picking up some negative vibes here about this lovely city of mine...

John, I have nothing but good experience with the Kanim Jember. They are sangat prosedural, but as long as you comply you'll get what you need. What was the problem?
    To the OP, when we converted my spousal Kitas to Kitap in 2012, two officers from Kanim Jember came over for coffee and donuts (and to check if I was living at the address I provided on the forms.)

8. klaatu

klaatu Member

Ratings:
    +3
    yes me too in 2013,no problems,and kopi etc. at our house..but in 2016?? new head man at imigrasi,and front counter said they have new policy about converting to kitas...from vitas only!...possibly they were pissed off with me for not getting EPO when I left the country...got the EPO when I came back

9. klaatu

klaatu Member

Ratings:
    +3
    the train trip is ok from banyuwangi,but,we are living and wife is working in Bali...this is our place of residence according to sktt and her kipem...we cannot afford to lose 2or 3 days 6or 8 times to go to jember...plus getting a new sktt saying I am legally residing in Banyuwangi(when we are not) and transfering our immi file to jember...

10. john madden

john madden
    Moderator Cager

Ratings:
    +38
    My issues with Jember go back a few years. I wrote at length in another place. Suffice to say arrogant head of section and Kepala kantor even when apprised of the current regulation residing on their own website. An agent I was chatting to challenged me to nominate a worse office to deal with ... and she'd been to quite a few.

11. klaatu

klaatu Member

Ratings:
    +3
    thanks for the nightmare

12. Pak Tani

Pak Tani Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Rejoice...they have a new kepala since a couple of months.