Kitas / Kitap Process

Discussion in 'Visas, Permits and Immigration' started by Expat2018, May 24, 2018.

1. Expat2018

Expat2018 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I would love to finally get my Kitas or Kitap but theres so much information online its confusing Has anyone on here gone through a similar process?

My wife has said that she will apply for a Telex Visa and then I apply for the Kitas. Is this the standard route?

Also, If we are already married for more than 2 years, can I apply for my Kitap without ever having Kitas?

Any information is appreciated.

Cheers

2. dafluff

dafluff
    Moderator Cager

Ratings:
    +511
    You can check out this article about KITAS application: https://www.expatindo.org/online-kitas-application-procedure/

Telex Visa is not a visa. The telex (I imagine nowadays they use e-mail, but maybe not) is simply Dirjen Imigrasi in Jakarta authorizing an Indonesian embassy/consulate abroad to issue certain type of visa. If this visa is a VITAS, then when you enter Indonesia, you have to report to immigration to convert it to KITAS (the difference is that one is a visa, the other is a stay permit).

If you have been married for over 2 years you are entitled to a KITAP, however you still have to go through 1 KITAS. Some users have reported that it is possible to apply for KITAP the minute the KITAS has been issued.

3. snpark

snpark Active Member Cager

Ratings:
    +289
    We need more info first, what is your nationality, are you working here or retired or tourist, what visa are you on now, how old are you, etc etc, how long have you been married and to which nationality etc

4. Bad_azz

Bad_azz Well-Known Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +356
    I would assume if money is not an issue, that getting the ITAS & pretty much immediately getting the ITAP would be the easy option, as you already have all the supporting documents to hand and not out of date. Some of us prefer to get our money's worth and have the visa that we paid for run its course.
    As already stated you cannot go directly to ITAP. You do have to have the ITAS first as the ITAP is a conversion from ITAS.