Each time I want to open our yahoo account appear this

Discussion in 'IT, Technology and Telecommunication' started by Saudade, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Saudade

Saudade Member

Ratings:
    +1
  2. Saudade

Saudade Member

Ratings:
    +1
    it is something about yahoo join oath and allow them to use all our data, the choices are allow them or do it later and the choice to do it later doesn't apply!
    Does somebody on the forum still using yahoo email and having the same thing? do you think will be ok? it is true yahoo join oath and we have not choice apart from allow them to use our data?
    Terimakasi

3. William King

William King Well-Known Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +264
    No idea. But i don't feel like owning some random link

4. Saudade

Saudade Member

Ratings:
    +1
    uhhhhhhh still having the same problem! I guess not many people using yahoo these days right?

5. Puspawarna

Puspawarna
    Moderator Cager

Ratings:
    +316
    We finally got that same message. I was very suspicious but my tech-saavy husband confirmed that it is legit. It's safe to click on.

The privacy issues are something else - if you google "Yahoo Oath" you can read about people's concerns over data collection/loss of privacy. Personally I'm not overly concerned as I'm not posting anything of interest/value, but everyone should find their own comfort level. I've got friends who won't even use Skype, they are are so privacy-sensitive.

6. dafluff

dafluff
    Moderator Cager

Ratings:
    +516
    Oath has bought Yahoo it seems, and they are now allowing them to scan your e-mails for advertising targeting. In this way they are now the same as gmail I think, although I am not sure which service is more intrusive.

https://policies.yahoo.com/ie/en/yahoo/privacy/euoathnoticefaq/

If you want real privacy on your e-mail you should use your own domain and server. Remember Yahoo e-mail is free, and as the saying goes "If you are not paying for it, then you are the product".

7. steveandpenny

steveandpenny Active Member Cager

Ratings:
    +274
    Every time I open YOUR yahoo account I get the same message ....

8. Nimbus

Nimbus Active Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +163
    I use Yahoo weather app on my phone, and it gives me the same message.