Deportation question from new member

Discussion in 'Visas, Permits and Immigration' started by Puspawarna, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Puspawarna

Puspawarna
    Moderator Cager

Ratings:
    +316
    Our new member Leko contacted me with the question below - I've posted it in the open forum on his behalf so that everyone can see it and offer suggestions:

2. snpark

snpark Active Member Cager

Ratings:
    +312
    It will take as long as they want it to take, not even guaranteed they will even let him back in, just applying for the blacklist to be lifted does not mean it will be automatically?

3. Leko

Leko New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your suggested..and take your time to readed.

4. dafluff

dafluff
    Moderator Cager

Ratings:
    +516
    Hi Leko, welcome to the forum.

Did your wife go in person to immigration directorate general in Jakarta? It used to be you could get the answer same day, if you went in person.

Unfortunately, until you (or your wife) receives a confirmation letter (Surat Berakhir Masa Penangkalan), you can not be sure that he blacklist has been lifted.

5. Leko

Leko New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes she did wented to immigration directorate general at jakarta.but there were officer took the file and he said will call when it done.She said, this place is difrent with ordinary service imigration, so the guest only wait in waiting area cant go in a person.the area is in 9 floor at departement imigration supervising.thanks for your kindly reply.pls kindly advice us.how to do to able get that letter.best regard...ps. they would let her know to wait to get that letter,if they able to do in same day.

6. Leko

Leko New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    BTW..they wont let her go in with a person.and this reason I would like to know,how long it will take to get follow letter you said..thanks again.

7. dafluff

dafluff
    Moderator Cager

Ratings:
    +516
    I don't know how long this takes, it is up to them to decide how much time they take. Best I can advice is for your wife to check again in a week or two if nothing happens.

Please note that removal from blacklist is a request, it is not a right, and is not necessarily granted.

8. Leko

Leko New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank a lot for your kindly advices..

9. jukung11

jukung11 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    The best I could research has conflicting answers. In the immigration law it says they will answer within 3 days under article 100.

http://www.jdih.kemenkeu.go.id/fullText/2011/6TAHUN2011UU.htm

I was also researching appeals made to the director general for immigration administrative actions, which stated they have up to 30 days to respond.

http://eksanadell.blogspot.com/2014/03/tindak-pidana-imigrasi.html

If you disagree with the determination, you may have to sue in court.

From what I have read it can be arbitrary in the approval. The legally stated basis must be to convince them that you will not violate immigration or Indonesian law the way you had previously. This can be highly fact specific. Obviously, it is easier to demonstrate you won't do a short overstay more than if you spent 10 years working illegally. According to your profile, you are 60. If you have a retirement account or pension, you would be able to show you have the ability to stay in Indonesia without working. Illegal work or criminal conduct seem to be the higher priorities for Indonesian immigration officials.

10. Leko

Leko New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank a lot for your kindly infomation and sharing.best regard.

11. Puspawarna

Puspawarna
    Moderator Cager

Ratings:
    +316
    Here's another note I just got from Leko via the Conversation (PM) feature - I've told him he is much better off posting in the open forum rather than writing privately, at least to me. I don't know a thing about any of the rules related to this subject!